12.30.2007

Vintage Photos



This is my favorite slide from Faye's 80th birthday show that was shown at her party today. They called me after the party to let me know that everything had turned out great and that they actually ended up projecting it on a big screen instead of using a television and DVD player.


Nice!


I always worry when I know that a show is going to be presented at an event, because I have no idea what condition the equipement is in.


A DVD player that hasn't been cleaned in years can cause a custom DVD to skip or pause mid-show. Not a good thing. Especially when there are 50 or so people gathered around to watch what you just spent almost two weeks editing and re-editing!


Everything turned out well, and I couldn't be happier. The photos that we got to work with for this show were really interesting. Vintage photographs are becoming my favorite.


My grandmother was in town for Christmas and brought with her a bag full of photos. Most of them are from the 40's, but there are a few from 1917---and they are in great condition!

After Holiday Wrap Ups, I will start working on these.


--This week I am working on Holiday Wrap Up shows. Taking photos from Christmas Day and special events leading up to it, and creating shows to share with family and friends that we did not get to visit with. Each show will have a private web page and you can email your friends and family with a link to your show. It's the start of our Online Sharing plan, which makes it easier to share shows with people without having to gather them around a DVD player.

No comments: